floorplan

rightbrainnow

hey guys...going to finish out a basement area for a studio. The floors have to have carpet, and my brother and i are looking for some wood panelling to use for the walls...to my understanding that would be better acoustically than sheetrock, correct? We dont have a lot of money to spend, so are is there any cost effective wood panelling you can suggest. What about the white lines ive indicated for bass traps and sound absorbtion...do these places seem accurate? ive also got a twin sized mattress i may put in front of the drooms on the floor going up the elevated part, or actually on top of the elevated part. Is the bass absorbtion just as important in a live room as the control room? "garbage in garbage out" is what my main concern is. I want a healthy environment for my sound to exist. all reccomendations and criticism welcome here.

studio2.jpg

hey -

I am no expert, but I STRONGLY suggest going to John Sayers design forum. You will get tons of great help. That's what I did :)

pandamonk said:
when you're mixing, i'd take down the drum kit if i were you.

why is that? i was thinking of maybe using the twin bed mattress to kinda block it...and ive definately posted in john sayers forum...gonna go check now.

rightbrainnow said:
why is that? i was thinking of maybe using the twin bed mattress to kinda block it...and ive definately posted in john sayers forum...gonna go check now.
Yeh that matress wont do anything. And you wanna take it down when mixing because the skins vibrate etc when your listening back to the music.

Back