Floor wedge monitor Reccomendations?

kybdplr

Hello,
I hope this is a related topic to microphones?
Im a keyboardist that has just joined a rock band and they told me I need my own personal monitor. Looking for reccomendations on a wedge type floor monitor. Something just for vocals at small club venues.

Peavey?
Yamaha?
Berihnger?
or a basic trap speaker?
Thanks
KybdPlr (James)

Not really the place to post this question.

If you want a full bodied sound at high levels then go with a model that uses a 15" Bass driver.
The Behringer F1520 should do you fine. They are well constructed and use some quality components. The only downside is that they are a little heavy.

I have used the smaller version (F1220) for 2 years and they have done me proud.

Tony

You want the best, get a Mackie. You just want to hear, any of those will work, none are great, what kind of power and eq do you have?

I wouldnt go with a 15 since your just doing vocals a 12 is way more than enough. A 15 is good if your going to be running abunch of bass heavy stuff through it like drums at loud volumes. And they are big and heavy.
With a 12inch monitor you can stil throw it in a car with out any problems and your back will thank you for it later.

Look at the peavey stuff they make a big sellection of monitors and are built well.

Back