flat sound

jvt

This question was already answered in another catagorey Thanks.....jvt I'm new into the home recording.My question is the sound of my voice against the other intruments sounds like it's flat against it and not part of it.My equipment is not the best. I'm recording onto cassette from cassette of music from Jammer and vsc55 with a live mic all into a mixer then into cassette. Radio Shack mic. I'm more interested in blending the sound. Isit the Mic or walls. Whats important in the room e.g. walls, size, material? Thanks

[This message has been edited by jvt (edited 01-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by jvt (edited 01-14-2000).]

In my limited experience Ive found that the hardest track to get to "fit" is the vocal and there are many reasons. Im hoping that the problem with your sound is the most obviouse drawback in your case. Cheap mics really dont cut it.
Ive recently aquired a very nice high-end scale shure condensor and I can tell you when you hear what a good mic does to vocals, cheap mics sound less than primitive. Just go to a music store and check it out. Not only will really nice mics make the track fit better, but everything else about the sound is just great. The sound is much fuller, clearer, bigger, the highs are crisp, the lows hit the right way, the overall charicteristics of ones voice sound out great, everything just clicks. Its amazing how different the same vocal is on a nice expensive recording mic than a RS mic.
Of coarse we cant all just go out and blow 4 or 5 hundred on a nice recording mic but the next time you have a few bucks it might be something to look into.

Back