Fixing timing Clams in Sonar 5 SE??

thewanderer24

Is there an easy way to stretch out or shrink the length of a note so that the only thing that really changes is the start time of the note??

I am talking about an audio track with Bass or Guitar with very legato stuff, meaning I can't just nudge the whole note over, cause it's connected to the next one...

I have some good tracks with a couple fairly minor timing errors that it is not feasible to punch out.

Thanks in advance for helping with another dumb newb question.

Is V-Vocal in v5 SE? You could try that - it would work better for bass than guitar would be my guess...

Alternately, you can put a split in before the "next" note, another split in front of "the" note and then drag "the" note to start at the right time. You can then extend the beginning of the "next" note to cover the end of "the" note. As long as you match the waveforms together, you shouldn't hear a click -- particularly if you do it as close as possible to the "next" note.

Use cross-fades.

It's a P.I.T.A., but it works.

Ciao,

Q.

Alternately, you can put a split in before the "next" note, another split in front of "the" note and then drag "the" note to start at the right time. You can then extend the beginning of the "next" note to cover the end of "the" note. As long as you match the waveforms together, you shouldn't hear a click -- particularly if you do it as close as possible to the "next" note.

Use cross-fades.
Excellent advice, I do this all the time. :cool:

DavidK said:
Excellent advice, I do this all the time. :cool:

Oi! You aren't supposed to admit to that, David! I thought your playing was naturally that close to the money!!

I know mine is.....

NOT!!

:D Q.

Back