Fixed problems with GT57

AMcB

Why you gotta be so mean?
A few months ago I posted a thread about problems with my Groove Tubes GT57 cutting out. Well.... I fixed it. I finally got the guts to take it apart. And there was a screw on/near the capsule with a white wire in it, that was really loose, tightened it, fixed it! Has anyone else had this problem of Groove Tubes mics? Or any other mics? There's really no reason it should have been loose, and it was LOOSE!

A few months ago I posted a thread about problems with my Groove Tubes GT57 cutting out. Well.... I fixed it. I finally got the guts to take it apart. And there was a screw on/near the capsule with a white wire in it, that was really loose, tightened it, fixed it! Has anyone else had this problem of Groove Tubes mics? Or any other mics? There's really no reason it should have been loose, and it was LOOSE!

I'm assuming this wasn't in the middle of one side of the capsule.... Was this on the outside edge of the capsule? Probably didn't get glued correctly. They usually put a blob on screws like that to keep the screw from coming unscrewed.

Back