First video; Right Over Here

Song kinda drags a little too much for my taste.....the mix sounds good....Vid is a little boring also...throw in some midgets and dancing bears and it might hold my attention a little longer....:D

You are fairly courageous to record and video a live vocal and guitar take . . . though I guess you could keep doing it over and pick the best.

Here's the thing, though. It is okay to do a video of a song, and of you doing a live take. Eventually it will end up in the hands of a documentary maker or something, and they will say, "Here is rare footage of Jack Real before he became rich and famous . . ." But as visual support or complement to the song, it doesn't do much. So as Jpwikid notes, the "vid is a little boring". It is very static, and you need to remember that we live in the age of the ten second sound bite. In video, two seconds is a long time.

However, you should persevere. Don't worry about trynig to capture an "unplugged" feel.

Do two things:

1 Concentrate on getting the best song mix you can.

2 Construct a video that tells the story of the song in images. That requires as much attention as the recording.

I liked the song but like the others said, it gets a little boring (surreal) watching your half obscured face:D As a video, yup, when you're famous this will be a winner!

As for the song, I really liked the vocal - had an 80's feel to it, which I liked. Something else could be done to spice it up just a little though, in my opinion.

intomusic

Hi

Thanks for listening. Yes, it's true that it's a little boring. I'll try to throw more stuff in my next video.

/Jack Real

Back