First tune on FW-1884..

vestast

Gassy Member
OK - So I've had this thing for a while. I think I'm finally ready to post a tune that was recorded and mixed on it along with Cubase SX.

So here it is. The only thing I'm doing is playing bass (badly) keyboards (badly) and a couple of guitar parts (....)

Written and sang by my buddy.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone.

That's a good tune man. I think the mix is right on. Really sounds nice. You should give yourself some credit, the instruments are all played well. All in all I think your recording is top notch. Nice work.

You've done a great job with this man! Glad to hear something really good come out of that 1884. I'm inspired. Very clean mix. Well balanced and feels good to the ears. I love the little guitar lead..good pickin. What kind of drums are those? Good sound. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a click track in Sonar. :D Keep it up!

Wow - Thanks for the great compliments guys. I've been working on this for so long that sometimes I loose perspective and doubt starts to creep in...

Hey Steven - Those were some drum loops I have for Sonic Foundry Acid (unfortunately we have no drummer :o ) . To be honest that has been the main part of the song that has been bugging me. I'm not crazy about the sound of them, but the groove is cool...So I did a lot of tweaking to try and make them less harsh. I think I still have a bit of work to do on them but I wanted to get some feedback first to see if I'm on the right direction.

Me Again. Sorry to bump this up..Just wondering if anyone else had any comments on the mix or the song.

Thanks again guys. :)

Back