first try from my new "studio"

rudalicious

hello everyone,
well today my guitarist recorded some guitar tracks and vocals. It is a little rough and the vocals got muddy which ill fix in the AM when my ears work again hehe. There are a few other little things id like to fix but i was just wondering what you all thought. Any comments would be great.

Thanks again
Rudy

Hey Rudy,
Up and running I see.....cool...

OK...way too much verb on the vocals...muddy...too far back too...
The instruments should compliment the vox...not the other way around...
This is the kind of tune that could use some harmony backing vox...
there is a lack of stereo field seperation...it all sounds down the middle to me...
The acoustic strumming guit also lacks clarity...it is boomy man...
There is a pop/skip at 3:07...
ending is a bit abrupt...try a fast fade out to tone on the guit...

good start man...
Joe

Hey Rudy, what's your studio setup? Everything sounds a little quiet to me, but not bad for a first shot. Keep workin!

hey guys... i worked on it a bit more when my ears and brain were working a little better. I fixed the reverb a lot. I think it sounds a lot better. I also worked on the levels.
As far as equipment goes I used:
HS 2002 (gonna get 04 soon)
sm57
delta 1010
small yamaha board
and the guitar was a american tele

thanks for all the comments guys
-Rudy

NEW LINK:
http://www.csbwebservices.com/studio/noname.wma

well...

a bit better, but you need to cut some lows on those vocals i think, they just sound too muddy, and maybe give those vocals a bit more presance. Reverbwise its fine now, (don't sound like your in a tunnel) Good pre-production is sounds, just need some mixing work. Good luck.

Pretty good. You need to cut the bass on the vocals, add some treble or presence. The Lead Track sounds good to me. The Acoustic could use some treble as well. Otherwise, not too bad.

Back