First try at this

Ledmech

Sup guys! I've been listening to all your songs for a while so I thought I would try to make one. This is my first attempt so be easy on me :)

One thing I do know that needs to be fixed is all the cracks and pops. Turns out that an ASUS motherboard isn't compatible with any soundcard in the world. >:(

I made this with acid 4.0 and a 12 pack of beer.......

listening on headphones

so take this for what you will. The drums sound very distant/roomy. Im guessing that you recorded with one mic or only a few. Maybe you were going for this sound. The guitars/bass almost have this quality as well. They sound like they were done in a large room with alot of reflections. The main vocal track also sound distant/ recorded in a large room. If it is your room then you may want to consider tracking somewhere else or implementing some type of treatment. If the reverb was done with plugins you may want to pull back a little bit. This isn't really my style so I won't comment on the song itself but it sounds like a descent start for your first attempt. Keep posting/reading post im sure that things will improve.

The second vocal part sounds better than the first. The bass is a little flat, and drums need to be brought further up in the mix. Guitar is also a little flat, try brightening it with some EQ'ing.

Normalize the final mix to fill the soundfield (make the overall sound of the final product louder).

thanx

thanx for the listen guys. You're right about the room size. Its about 20x18 with 15' ceilings. I never even thought about that. Oh well, this'll give me something to do this weekend . Thanks guys, u really helped........lata

I liked the vocal harmonies and the song - reminded me of 311 in some parts. As mentioned, the recording sounds distant. The drums need the most work recording-wise. Nice first post though.

My bro does recording on a custom pc w/ asus p4b m/b and has no problems like this. Make sure the pops aren't coming from somewhere else in your signal chain, make your case is grounded well, and play with the buffer/latency settings if acid lets you do that.

My bro does recording on a custom pc w/ asus p4b m/b and has no problems like this. Make sure the pops aren't coming from somewhere else in your signal chain, make your case is grounded well, and play with the buffer/latency settings if acid lets you do that. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanx for the listen Paco. I've tried everything to try to fix the pops and things. Drivers, soundcards, mic's, mixer, and almost tried a hammer :P

I've emailed asus and they told me about the sound problem. I've got an athlon version AV7-266. To put it nicely, they said I'm screwed. But with all my xmas money I'll be upgrading shortly.

All the rest of the stuff is my fault though. The bad part is I'm a drummer. Seems like I could make them sound the best. All I can do on guitar is fake my way through a song:P I might try humming my next song........

Back