First Track - Krewella - We Are One (Bootleg)

Elyrt

Hi Guys, I finished my first track a couple of days ago and want to get a few opinions on the mixing. I want to improve as much as possible so all criticism is welcome. I'd like to know what I did right if anything and what I should maybe do next time. I think there's a little too much low end which I only noticed after bouncing it and stuff, would bringing the low frequencies to mono help with this (besides EQing certain tracks which have unneeded low frequencies)?

As far as the track goes, I had already produced the track before the vocals and was going for a kind of deep house feel, but felt like I needed some vocals so I threw the acapella on there and made it a bootleg. I'll admit I kind of rushed it towards the end. I want to produce as much as I can to practice so please make me aware of anything you feel I could improve on :)

I thought it sounded pretty good. I agree that the low end is a little too strong, even for this genre. Vocals sound nice and clear. Not my musical thing, but I thought it sounded pretty good.

Thanks dude. Yeah I wanted to spice it up a bit more and add a few more elements to keep it more interesting but I just rushed it too much. I'm gonna spend a little more time on the next one.

Back