First time post...

Wow!! Great song, voice, and performance! I'm downloading it.

Trying to come up with nits - can't do it on the performance or other aspects of the song. I am hearing some high frequency edginess/raspiness, but there's a chance it could be my set up. -- what mic(s) did you use?

On the second listen, I'm hearing more details (like an organ/electric piano in the background?) At first, I was thinking you should work to bring those out, but I think I like the details where they are.

Wow!

Absolutely amazing track. Best I've heard on these forums I think.

Great voice, really nice set up. I love this song.

Can I download or buy it somewhere?

Wow!! Great song, voice, and performance! I'm downloading it.

Trying to come up with nits - can't do it on the performance or other aspects of the song. I am hearing some high frequency edginess/raspiness, but there's a chance it could be my set up. -- what mic(s) did you use?

Are you hearing a general edginess/raspiness on the whole mix or is it on some particular part?

Wow!

Absolutely amazing track. Best I've heard on these forums I think.

Great voice, really nice set up. I love this song.

Can I download or buy it somewhere?

Thanks. It's not quite released yet seeing as how I'm still tweaking bits of the mix. But the artist is named Nikki Kummerow. She's from Australia. She's a pretty incredible vocalist. If you think this is awesome, you should hear her in person. Moving. I just feel lucky that I got to be involved in her record.

http://www.myspace.com/nikkikummerowband

Hi vanguard:
Nice track!
IMHO, the bass is a little high in volume but it could be a problem with the EQ at the lows. If you reduce the bass I believe that everything is going to be more clear, but maybe you will need to fine tune other tracks to get the right balance.
The String may be a little loud too.

Are you hearing a general edginess/raspiness on the whole mix or is it on some particular part?
really just the vocals and the acoustic. And I agree the bass could come down some.

But I don't want to give you the wrong impression - I'm reaching for nits - it's a great song/mix.

ugh. I hate my room. It's impossible to get the low end right in here. Some days my mixes sound thin some days too boomy; but no matter what I'm always guessing.

really just the vocals and the acoustic. And I agree the bass could come down some.

But I don't want to give you the wrong impression - I'm reaching for nits - it's a great song/mix.

Well, there is a really slight aural exciter on the Output... but I mean real slight. I was real conservative with it, just wanted the mix to have a little air. I don't usually do anything like that. I didn't think it really did anything funny to anything, but maybe that's what you're hearing.

But the acoustic guitar has given me the most trouble. I think it was the wrong guitar for the part. That guitar is really smooth and dark. I should've used something a little brighter and a bit more stiff. I just can't get it to sound right.

Yup, this sounds like a great mix. I'd love to be picky for you and point some stuff out, but I really can't.

I was thinking it sounded really pretty slick and then the chorus came with all the new sounds (strings, etc.) and it really launched into a whole other realm of sonic quality. I loved the way the bass kinda pops forward a bit during the chorus when she holds the word "head" sometimes.

Not really my kind of tune, but very pleasant and I enjoyed simply trying to listen objectively to what you've done with it...nice job :).

Listened to this song alot of times. still struggling to find anything wrong with is. Possibly the bass is a little high, but I feel stupid complaining about this song as I absolutely love it. Even if this was in the charts I think it would be destined for success.I hope this girl gets the recognition she deserves!

Back