First time post, lemme have it

Bass Jas

Silence is the only full length tune, I would like comments on that one, but any other songs there are up for opinions too. thanks, Jason

i took a listen and not bad...

here's what I heard on my system:

the reverb on the kick and in general was a bit overwhelming for my taste... if the bottom was better balanced maybe the kick would work Okay.

overall seems a bit out of balance... too much low mids... maybe around 200Hz.

the cymbals were there but need better definition

I could hear everything, but the mids were just a bit too much for me.

I also checked it on several sets of phones and the upper bass really got messy when the guitars came in heavy. maybe cut the guitars below 125Hz.

I think all of the pieces are there... consider a remix.

I like the guitar parts and the playing is absolutely solid.

also, note that you can edit your post for a short time after you post it, so you don't have to add new posts to make a correction... if you catch it soon enough.

I seem to remember there being an "edit" button on the lower right corner of every post. I could be wrong....;)

That music is fucking amazing! Awsome. I even like the extreme atmosphere tone of it....reverb I mean......

BUT.....

Ditch that singer.

All songs done on 3 old black face ADATS w/ a Mackie 32x8, I record drums as dry as possible and then add space later.
Outlaw: thanks, singer isn't bad, really? check out some other cuts there, and if you still feel that way, you're gonna have to fire him, not me.
I recently got an Alesis HD24XR, so we are re-doing 9 songs, it already sounds better than the ADATs, drums and guitars are done, just gotta do my bass stuff and get that bad singer back over here! I will put the new ver. of Silence on for an A/B.
thanks, Jason

peace Outlaws, I visited your site, due to your tag.
Fantastic guitar work, I dig the picture link to the song, sorta, but on some level it is disturbing, yet esoteric in an unconventional (how many big words can he use) way. I am 3 weeks into learning HTML for myself, and your layout is very different than what I could imagine (compliment). I totally dig how you are just goin for it on the strum! Jason

Bass Jas said:
I am 3 weeks into learning HTML for myself, and your layout is very different than what I could imagine (compliment).

Thats because the the homepage and music page is Flash. I am still working on the other stuff. Thanks though.

On phones, wow awesome drum sound. The drummer's good too. The chorus hook is cool, nothing wrong with the singer. The guitars could have more presence and seperation esp on the chorus. Second listen the chorus is there again, don't know why it reminds me of Iron Maiden, great guitar

Edit:
Oh yeh, and copy your stuff to nowhereradio.com so we can play the songs instead of having to wait for a download

I will put lower rez stuff on my site, so dialers can left click and stream, is that how it works? Advice welcome, I will support NoWhereRadio absolutely. Already got an idea, by 11/18 I will have lofi/hifi on the site. What is acceptable for dial-up to stream? 64k? Probably 32 right?
Jason

Back