first songs from my new studio/banged my head

Walter Tore

I got home from work today excited as a little kid is to go to the zoo. Today is my first real day in my new studio. I turned on the preamps, turned on my guitar amp, strummed my guitar and it sounded tuned good enough, and went back in the house to check my cable hook up to the studio. We have very tiny, steep, stairs, and I took a fall from about 4 steps off the ground. I wear a size 13.5 shoe and the steps handle about a size 8. Normally I navigate them very carefully but not today. I landed on my side and smashed my head off the concrete. I was still wearing my bike helmet but still got my bell rung pretty good Luckily I came out of it ok-no dizziness, nausia. Just some sore spots-keys in my pocket left a nice dent in my thigh and my back is a bit sore. A mid 50's body don't bounce like it did in its younger days........... So, it is now an hour later and I am recording in the studio. There are no baffles around my drums or guitar amp. Everything is in one room old school style. My goal is to capture that old school approach of mic placement in a live sounding room with everything in it. Here are some songs from this session. It is a good start I think or is my head spun and I don't know it?????? FYI all instruments are recorded at the same time and all words and music are spontaneously created. Walter

you gotta change your ways
fell down again on my head
falling down leads to better times
all I need is your loving me
with my best loving girl tonight

here are some pictures of my set up as of today. I am sure things are going to change over time. I am not sure why there are black edges on these photos. Maybe my head bang transfered to the camera.

070-5.jpg

069-6.jpg

Last edited:
Back