First song! Throw your tomatos! :-)

Strummer

Hello,

THis is my first time here at the clinic. I usually post to the Newbies forum, where I really belong :-)
But it´s just that AlChuck said I should post this little sketch of song so that some of you could maybe help me out with some sound quality issues I´m having. I recorded all guitar tracks in Cakewalk and it didn´t sound good at all. I´m plugging from the Line Out of my amp directly into my SB Live Line In, so I think that might be it.. also, the SB records at 16-bit.. but I just downloaded n-Tracks and man... what a jump in the quality of the recording! I don´t know why this happened, I think it should not have to do with software but with the soundcard but... :-)

Well if you could take a minute to listen, it´s just 1.3 Mb. Feedback would be much appreciated!

hi there, i went to the link u posted, it couldn't find u,,,u might want to relink it to this post of yers, best of luck, looking forward to hearing yer tune!!to one newbie from another!!!! see ya around!!

Is that an accordian or something? Heh. There's one guitar line in there that almost sounds harmonica-ish or something like that.

This almost sounds like it could be a christmas song.

Are you planning on arranging this any further or are you just going to leave it like this? I think you should take the time to try to develop it further. How about some percussion or drums? Right now it just sounds like an intro to a song or some sort of interlude.

Changing your software shouldn't really affect the recorded sound quality. Although it can change the way you can manipulate your sound. The SB Live isn't really the greatest sounding card, but it is pretty good for the price. I paid like US$50.00 for my SB Live Value and it's great considering what I paid.

Considering your equipment, this sounds OK to me.

Thanks Meshuggah for the right click tip........

Nice tune, well played....gotta agree about needing percussion, and maybe a "bassier" bass sound......gibs

Back