First song post

mick_mundee

Well I figured since I am putting something on the comp cd, I should put some music up for people to hear. Ill start with the first song I did and add another each week. When I started out, I was doing simple stuff to learn how to use my equipment and software, so what we have here is a simple electronica type song. My real field is progressive hard rock/metal, which I am finally starting on now.

Let me know what you think.

Mick- Im not too crazy about the tune, but it's probably because it reminds me of a lot of the stuff I produce on synth. :)
You seem to have gone to great lengths to keep the V/U meter pegged near 0 dB throughout the whole affair. Hey, I'm no recording guru, but the mix sounded actually painful to listen to up until that last blip which I still thought was a dB or two shy of normalized. And a quick scan of the piece showed nothing that was ever quieter than -9dB. In other words a dynamic range that's seriously squashed. There's no absolute wrong and right here, I just like to hear some dynamic range in a recording. But your stuff is certainly worthy of inclusion on our H/R.comp CD. I love my Canvas, but you'll get extra points for real performances with real instruments.

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, This was the first song I did, quite a while back and I am in the real instruments now. I just wanted to show how I've progressed. The song I'm working on for the comp is entirely different.

Back