First song on mr 8

The guitar was recored thru a fender deluxe, NT 1 mic about 2 feet away. Lots of delay... going for that old Jimmy Page Zepplen 1 thing. Guitar qas a strat, not sure of the amp settings the guitarist used. Thanks Mike

High level of musicianship on all the instruments. How did you sequence the recording between each of you assuming that you didn't do all the parts or did you? Did you do the mix on the MR-8
or after you got it on a PC? Drums came through really well. This was serious blues, well played.

Thanks guys, I recorded three tracks and there are three people playing. Track 1 bass, drums, rythum guitar. Track 2 vocals, track 3 lead guitar. I mixed down direct to my standalone cd burner with the powerful button. In the mixdown I applied delay over the lead guitar parts. Reverb was used while recording the tracks. Everything went thru a powered mixer into the mr 8. I used a NT 1 mic for everything.

Mike

Mike;

Dude, this sounds like it ws recorded in a Blooooooooooooooooose Club! Great mono mix on the Rythymn Section! (A great mon mix beats a bad stereo mix any day) Everything had it's place. Same for the Lead Geetar and Vox.

Great job Dooodes! Some serious Blues goin down there. Nice chops from the Lead man!

CR ><> :cool:

Bd, LOL... no I'am using the line out on the mixer. I needed the phantom power for the mic. The main reason for buying this machine was to do live recording at the clubs we play. To keep it portable, I'am going to use a Art tube pre and a stero mic.
Mike

WHEW!....had me worried there. I was wonderin how it even made it through the night that way! That would be one tough little unit!

bd

Back