First recording with my BR-532

hiwatt357

Howdy.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been recording at home for a while now...on a Fostex XR-5 cassette 4-track. I joined yesterday because I've just stepped into the world of digital recording, and I figured I'd have some questions along the way.

Last week I bought a practically new Boss BR-532 for $125.00 and finally got around to tinkering with it last evening and today. I decided to re-track a song today that I had tracked on the XR-5 but was never 100% happy with the results.

So, I'd welcome anyone's input as to the tones, levels, mixing, etc. It took some getting used to since you cannot add EQ during mixing and various other things I was used to with the XR-5

Also, I have downloaded the latest firmware from Boss. Can anyone tell me what the changes are? I wish one of the updates was an EQ for mixing, but somehow I doubt that's one of 'em.

The song is on this page (threefiveseven), and the name of the new recording is "won't be hard (to say goodbye)". The other songs were done on the XR-5.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: finally got the song posted on myspace, so I changed the URL

Last edited:
Back