First real shots of new live room.

Freudian Slip

Nothing is mic'ed up yet. The room is 600sf with a 10'6" ceiling.
I still have plenty of work to do on it and I am getting ready to build my CR and an oversized ISO room. Much better than the bedroom I was using before:D

Anyway I just thought I'd throw it out there.

F.S.

Attachments

• live 1.jpg
    live 1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 229
  • live2.jpg
    live2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 222
Congrats for the new space, Freudian!
Kit is screaming for 2 or 3 "nice" clouds...:D;)

Ciro

Looking great FS!
Ya there is much room tuning to be done. I threw up what had for now but there will have to be some custom treatment done.
I'd definetely plan on extensive "superchunks" at those wall/wall and wall/ceiling corners, broadband on the 2 sidewalls, and some hefty mobile dual purpose(absorption/diffusion), full height gobos for closing off the connection between the 2 areas. Maybe one with a glass "window" at eyelevel. Not to mention what Ciro said.
fitZ:)

Looking great FS!
I'd definetely plan on extensive "superchunks" at those wall/wall and wall/ceiling corners, broadband on the 2 sidewalls, and some hefty mobile dual purpose(absorption/diffusion), full height gobos for closing off the connection between the 2 areas. Maybe one with a glass "window" at eyelevel. Not to mention what Ciro said.
fitZ:)

Thanks Rick.

Ya, Lots of work to do $$$$$$$$$;) There is a guy that has a 6 panel drum iso/absorber wall for sale local for $200.00. if it's as decent as it looks it's a steel. In the long run I am going to have a drum ISO room with a window to the main room. The room is already there right behind the drum set. I am just using it for a temp CR until I get the real CR built.

F.S.

Hi FS. Heres what I mean about the gobos.:)

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Attachments

• Multible Gobo.jpg
    Multible Gobo.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Multible Gobo Opposite.jpg
    Multible Gobo Opposite.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 175
Hi FS. Heres what I mean about the gobos.:)

[/IMG]

Thanks Rick,
Those look nice and easy to make. I have been using makeshift temporary ones that work pretty well I do need to get a better set up.

If nothing else I have been taking a boom stand. Making it like a T and hanging heavy comforters or sleeping bags over them. They actually work to kock down any slap back in the room, bit won't do much at all for same room recording.

Thanks Again.

F.S.

Hey!!!

GET RID OF THE WINDOWS!!! board them bastards up with some dry wall and cut 4'' holes evenly placed in the drywall. then pack it with as much foam rubber and styrofoam peanuts as you can find. good bass trap yet still has a lil bit of that hall echo sound.

oh ya i forgot this.

if there is another bedroom around take a piece of the wall out and put some plexi glass in place of it and foam it up and make that your drum iso room. and if there is another one yet to be used, do the same thing and make it your control room. THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR SHIT COMPLETE!!

GET RID OF THE WINDOWS!!! board them bastards up with some dry wall and cut 4'' holes evenly placed in the drywall. then pack it with as much foam rubber and styrofoam peanuts as you can find. good bass trap yet still has a lil bit of that hall echo sound.
MachineGunMace said:
if there is another bedroom around take a piece of the wall out and put some plexi glass in place of it and foam it up and make that your drum iso room. and if there is another one yet to be used, do the same thing and make it your control room. THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR SHIT COMPLETE!!
I'm sure he'd rather do it properly... ;)

I'm sure he'd rather do it properly...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! HOHOHOHO!!!!!!HEHEHEHEHE!!!!! Thats delightful pandamonk. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!:p:D:D styrofoam peanuts indeed....hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! god I needed a good laugh today.;)
fitZ

ps... plexiglass....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!....thats priceless.

The room is already there right behind the drum set. I am just using it for a temp CR until I get the real CR built.
Cool. When you start designing it, you might be interested in this. If so, give me a holla. Not ALL the details are shown, but these illustrate the concept. Mine are ALREADY built.:)

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Cool. When you start designing it, you might be interested in this. If so, give me a holla. Not ALL the details are shown, but these illustrate the concept. Mine are ALREADY built.:)

Thanks Rick. Sadly My door into the CR is going to be in the front corner of the room and at 13"2' wide I won't really be able to do soffit mount speakers unless I decide to have the window to the CR beside me.

luckily my monitors are front ported so I don't have near the bass build up in the front corners as I used to with my old rear ported monitors.

I will have to consider my options, but Iwould really like to have the window in front of me.

Thanks Again Rick. I will let you know.

F.S.

Back