first night rider, then baywatch, now this.....it must be seen to be believed...

Yeah, that video is pretty cheesy, but the man can actually sing!
I mean, there's no pitch-correction and the effects seem minimal. So, I give props to David for having a decent singing voice.
Hell... he's less "processed" than Britney Spears!

By no means do I "love" the guy... he's just another bad actor.
But he's got a decent voice..... no doubt about that.

Can you sing better?

If so, post the tunes! ;)

DUDE. We Europeans aren't ALL stupid ok?? I really haven't heard of him doing that over here. Maybe the frenchies dig him.... :D

Buck? Are you gay? Be honest?

no offense Roel. I was actually hoping to hear from you and a few others regarding this turkey's apparent popularity on the other side of the fish pond. I would imagine he'd be most popular in countries where the average person doesn't follow most of the lyrics or know the origin of that song, such that its melody comes across as some kind of work of art which Hassledorf (or whatever the f his name is) composed himself. Releasing that joke of a video over here could have never flown - hits too close to home, and the relative cheese factor would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

This Hassledwarf vid is just too much. I wonder if they view him as some sort of Elvis Presley or something.

Last edited:
The ratings soared when he would perform on Solid Gold back in the day. Remember Solid Gold? KITT.... lol

Roel said:
Buck? Are you gay? Be honest?

Nah... I have a wife and a kid.

I noticed that you're single, though.
We're you just asking so we could "hook up?"

You little devil! ;):D

pchorman said:
I would imagine he'd be most popular in countries where the average person doesn't follow most of the lyrics or know the origin of that song, such that its melody comes across as some kind of work of art which Hassledorf (or whatever the f his name is) composed himself.
Well, that would be the ordinary frenchie. :D Over here (Belgium and the Netherlands) we all take English pretty fluently. Even my mom can answer the phone in English and she just went to school untill 14. It's the subtitle thingy.

Buck: I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just try to get it going with one of them niiiiiiiiiiiiiice youngsters that I hang out with.

I support Roel, over here everybody talks English quite fluentely, and Lyrics are no problem to understand.

An important reason for that is that we subtitle all English stuff on the TV, instead of putting our own voices over it like other countries do.

Btw, someone told me recentely that an experiment in the states stated that when an American goes to the movies, he only understand about 60 % of the conversations!! The same guy said that's why actors like Marlon Brando are so popular: people don't understand them the first time, so they go and see the movie over and over again to understand them.

btw Roel, where did you get that avatar! Looks like that guy from Fargo.

BrettB said:
I support Roel, over here everybody talks English quite fluentely, and Lyrics are no problem to understand.

I wish I could say the same thing for most of the people my own neighborhood. And I live in the states!

Back