First new track in years...

Cool sounds man. Took a listen to a few you have and was wondering if you can do rap beats. I'm going to be recording a few rap songs for a friend and he's looking for some good beats. If your interested PM me and we can work something out.

Cool sounds man. Took a listen to a few you have and was wondering if you can do rap beats. I'm going to be recording a few rap songs for a friend and he's looking for some good beats. If your interested PM me and we can work something out.

PM'ed

Thanks!!

Man.. you've got that out the box sound!!! I really like it when people are willing to try different sounds and really experiment with arrangements. Just like in the old days... when music was music...and everybody had their own sound. Now a days you turn on the radio and everybody's copying off of everybody.... very depressing. Makes me have hope that our future producers will bring back music to music again.... Keep up the good work!!!! Most of all keep doing you....

Demi

Those are really encouraging words. I need that right now... I've turned to back to music, because it's the only thing that really makes me feel like I'm worth something in this world. Even if I'm the only one that enjoys the sound of my tracks, it's enough self-validation to try again another day...

As a couple of dudes once said, "It's Bigger Than Hip Hop".

The feedback I'm getting is giving me more fuel...

Here's tonight's creation. It's called, "Life Support"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=474491&songID=8257849

Thanks a million!

Man.. you've got that out the box sound!!! I really like it when people are willing to try different sounds and really experiment with arrangements. Just like in the old days... when music was music...and everybody had their own sound. Now a days you turn on the radio and everybody's copying off of everybody.... very depressing. Makes me have hope that our future producers will bring back music to music again.... Keep up the good work!!!! Most of all keep doing you....

Demi

By the way, your stuff is pretty awesome! I especially like the one called, "Dislocated". I hear the basis for some original flows in your work. I feel like that's the most important thing for rappers: to hear an original poly-rhythm flow to fill with their raps. Take that Drake song, "Forever".. Huge contrast of flows between at least 3 of the rappers... ;-)

Petritus,

Dude....you've got some stuff on your mind.. I can hear a smooth flow on that track... an artist like q-tip on top of that... You need someone with a very unique rhyme skill to mess with this song.

Demi

Petritus,

Dude....you've got some stuff on your mind.. I can hear a smooth flow on that track... an artist like q-tip on top of that... You need someone with a very unique rhyme skill to mess with this song.

Demi

Yes, I surely do... Without going all out in detail, here's the deal...

It's been a rough year... I've been ill, and they suspected but ultimately "ruled out" both M.S. and Lupus.. Now they're talking Rheumatoid Arthritis... My thyroid mysteriously failed, and now I have to take this pill for the rest of my life.. They want to test my thyroid for cancer..

In addition, the day job has gotten more intense, I bought my first house and began remodeling. I'm also going to be conquering my fear of flying at the beginning of December, when I take my first business trip for work.

All in all, I've found that music is that thing that I would want to do up until my last breath (and I'm not saying that will be soon).

I appreciate that there is a place like this, and people like you all to help me pursue this dream of mine.

I'll keep at it... Thanks for "listening"... :)

P,

You know... that's all movie soundtrack music. Have you thought about going that direction? Your a good instrumentalist with a unique style. I can totally see you doing music for some of everything... not just rap. You know we all have our directions in life... and things... well they happen for a reason. Perhaps it's time for you to start really focusing on really doing something with your music. I'm going down the same path... I've always loved just creating...and learning... but you can still do that and share it with people and better yourself while your enjoying what you do. Now is the time to take your gift and craft it into art.

P,

You know... that's all movie soundtrack music. Have you thought about going that direction? Your a good instrumentalist with a unique style. I can totally see you doing music for some of everything... not just rap. You know we all have our directions in life... and things... well they happen for a reason. Perhaps it's time for you to start really focusing on really doing something with your music. I'm going down the same path... I've always loved just creating...and learning... but you can still do that and share it with people and better yourself while your enjoying what you do. Now is the time to take your gift and craft it into art.

I would like to thank you for this inspiring post. I'm trying to figure out the rope of getting heard, while I polish my sound. My day job keeps me in gear, at least... :-)

Here's the late edition. It's called, "Old Age." I really didn't mean to bite J. Dilla's drum pattern style; it just came out that way...

Peace, until next time...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=474491&songID=8266724

Back