First Mix

Not a bad tune and a pretty darn good mix.It has a B52's swagger to it when the lead guitars are'nt playing......"nugents got nothing on you".LMAO!Cool line.....it seems strange listening to a song written from this persepctive.LOL.....very cool tune.

Vocals are good too.Is that the writer of the song singing?;)

Good job.

Yes my wife worte the melody and I kinda put some goovy music to it... I'm kind of going for a Crissy Hynde meets Sheryl Crow mix sound... that is, if I can get it.

Yeah, She came up with that line and then wanted to change it... I wouldn't let her... it was too funny.

LOL!

I still need to pan the toms. and perhaps bring the kick down a tad. Some times I get carried away with the kick

Shred

Cool tune shred, met at a gig huh? That's where I met my last two wives! I think it has that fun feel to it, a little jumpy....yeah, I like it. My daughter has a voice that sounds an awful lot like Crissy Hynde, thinking about what you said and imagining her singing it......I think you hit it.

bd

Thanks for the kind words ya all. Glad to hear you like the song.

Does the music break throw any of you guys off. I played it for my neighbor(whom is not at all a musician but likes music) and he looked at me with this puzzled look at the musical break.

I mean, The break is in time and everything but wondering what the average joe or jane (non-musician) thinks. After all they are the ones going to buy the CD at gigs.

???

Thanks you guys

Shred

Wait a minute...........ya all...........? Ya all say that in MN? Pretty common way down here in VA. You're not really a yankee, are you?

bd

Picked it up from working with southern musicians for several years...

Although I quit saying... " I'm gonna warsh my clothes"

LOL!

Shred

Hate the drum sound...good programming tho.Excellent guitar playing,bring it up in the mix.Your wife's voice is pretty good...she seems a bit resrved,like she's not really belting it out and the vox is a tad uneven in volume throughout.Mix is decent otherwise.Mediocre rock,silly words...big ego boost!Nice!:cool:

A lot of people wanted the guitar up in the mix.. so I did just that.

A newer mix is posted at the same link

Shred

Cymbals are a bit overbearing.

Vocal is way too far back, and has a few flat spots.

Nice riffing!:cool:

Back to the top for you!:D

Back