First Home Recording Help Please

BigPlay

Hey Guys,
This is a great forum and I am already learning a lot. I posted my first recording in the MP3 Mixing clinic and received some good constructive feedback.
If I am doing this right you will find the tracks attached.

Anybody up for mixing this so I can compare to what I am doing? I turned off all the effects and exported so I hope this gives you a fresh start.

You can find my first attempt on the Soundcloud link below. I re tracked the vocals as suggested and the rest is the same.

Thanks,
BigPlayRay

01 - Ray Oubre - What Are You Trying To Say by RayOubre on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Attachments

• Mixdown - Acoustic Guitar L.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 18
  • Mixdown - Acoustic Guitar R.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Mixdown - Bass Guitar.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Mixdown - Electric Guitar Rhythm.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 20
  • Mixdown - Electric Guitar Lead .mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 9
  • Mixdown - Presence 3.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 15
  • Mixdown - Rock Drums 065 Bridge 065bpm.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 15
  • Mixdown - Vocal Remix COND_MIC 5.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 20
Quick mix for ya

Hi Ray. Spent a few minutes on your tune to show you the direction I might head in with your mix. There is quite a bit of noise on your vocal track between lines that can be heard when compressing the vocals so some cleanup would be needed in a real mix. Anyway.... did a little something for ya with what I had to work with. Hope this helps you.

View attachment QuickMix.mp3

Suddy,
Thanks so much for taking the time to do that for me. I can hear the changes from my original version. I also heard some things in my vocals I will re do. As far as the clean up between vocals is that just a mater of fading or muting between lines? Can you tell me what you did roughly as far as eq reverb etc especially on the vocals.

Thanks again
Ray

I liked the song. Im also having a hard time mixing and mastering. (bad room for mixing) Hope you learnd some from Bigplay

-einar høiland-

Back