First full Logic song!

Lkoz91

So this is the first time I've fully recorded a song of mine in Logic completely on my own. The drums are midi though so they didn't come out the way I wanted them to. I would much rather record them myself but this was all done in my dorm room so it's all I could manage.

http://www.divshare.com/download/11192621-549

Let me know what you think!

Listening now. Sounds good. I take it you used indie drums?
Vocals seemed a bit quiet, but cool nonetheless. Well done!

Some good some bad here. Not quite ready for idol yet. Let me see if I can separate good from bad.

Good: For your first recording you did a fine job recording the guitars, especially the lead part, and I like the reverb you put on it. It may be a little thick, but using reverb is fun when you're first starting. Panning the guitars from center would help.

Bad: The vocals are way too soft and very pitchy. Do they offer vocal lessons at your school. I'd seriously look into it if you want to keep recording. The drums are what they are. They don't sound good, but you'll get better and pick up tips from others on midi drums. I'm no expert on that, so I'll leave that discussion for the more learned.

Some good some bad here. Not quite ready for idol yet. Let me see if I can separate good from bad.

Good: For your first recording you did a fine job recording the guitars, especially the lead part, and I like the reverb you put on it. It may be a little thick, but using reverb is fun when you're first starting. Panning the guitars from center would help.

Bad: The vocals are way too soft and very pitchy. Do they offer vocal lessons at your school. I'd seriously look into it if you want to keep recording. The drums are what they are. They don't sound good, but you'll get better and pick up tips from others on midi drums. I'm no expert on that, so I'll leave that discussion for the more learned.

That is delay, I got really technical with it and it took me a very long time to find the delay that actually worked with the song. The guitars are panned but I guess I should pan them more. I would love to take vocal lessons but really have no money for it between drum lessons and all the equipment I plan on purchasing further down the road. My friend got a free mbox 2 pro and pro tools LE from his school and he said he'd sell it to me for 100 so I cuz a huuuuge deal from that. Very excited about that, later I plan on getting monitors cuz I currently just use headphones and computer speakers to mix.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Back