"First Day Of My Life" - Bright Eyes - Mp3 - Take a listen!!!

ljump12

I added alot of Chorus/Reverb to the vocals; and a little bit of chorus to the Guitar -- What do you think?

I used...
a An SM58 for vocals
Cheaaap yamaha Acoustic guitar (installed a Martin Thinline Pickup) Run into behringers acoustic ADI21 Acoustic modeler thingee and out XLR

Both are run into the Behringer UB1002 Mixer, vocals were panned left; Guitar was panned right.. inputted into my cheap stock audio card. Then put them into Adobe Audition, where i split the left and right tracks into two seperate mono tracks, so i could work on them seperatly.

And i recorded a couple backround vocals after the fact.

Please Crit!

may want to mix it bassier for the guitar, but it's hard to get great bass from pups. you may want to just mic the guitar (always sounds better imo). you may want to roll off some of the lows on the voice. seemed to be a little boomy. easy little changes.

well done performance. that's the one thing people can't change too easy

keep it up man

Good tune.

I agree with two prior posts: (i) vocals seem a little heavy in the lows, low-mids (perhaps apply an EQ cut in the appropriate range), and (ii) guitar would probably sound better recorded with a mic (or even miced and mixed in with the direct signal to taste).

Also, I'd personally like to hear this tune without as much processing on the voice. That's just my taste -- I prefer drier vox tracks. But your approach works fine in the context of this tune (it helps create a moody, dreamy vocal). Nice voice and vocal performance.

Kevin

I agree, vocals seem a little too processed.
I might be biased though, ive heard the original.
My sister played it at her wedding actually.

good stuff though.

I'm hearing lots of proximity effect on the vocals. Back up from the mic when recording, and maybe even a low cut and a high boost on the vocals. The reverb is not too much I think, just too bright, I'd cut some highs. The guitars, well, they are direct, so what can I say? :) Nice playing though :)

I'm writing this as I'm still listening to your tune, because the tune is good. But you must hear before posting the lack of high end?
If not, you need some high frequency across your spectrum. Other than that, nice recording. :)

Cool!

We play a lot of Bright Eyes on The F Word!

I just want to second a couple of points that have already been made...

The recording could benefit from a boost to the high frequencies... and the vocal would much better dry like on the Bright Eyes version...

The vocal are not too bad though...

On the whole good work! Now lets hear your Lua!

Nice song!
I would do something with guitar. It sounds like a banjo.
Maybe you wanted that particular sound. In that case > good job.

Good playing and singing! I agree with the previous posts. I would prefer a drier vocal or a different effect and I would eq out the low mids a bit on the vocals. Can you remix and repost later? Other than that minor mix nit pick it's a good job! :D

Back