Firewire Preamp!

Brad_C

Which firewire preamp should I buy! I want a fairly good one at least 4 preamps or more. Please give me any information on ones that you bought. What you like and what you hate.

Presonus Firepod is really popular. I have one, and feel right at home with it. RME Fireface is a step up from that, but may be overkill.

innobidova said:
Presonus Firepod is really popular. I have one, and feel right at home with it. RME Fireface is a step up from that, but may be overkill.

How good are the actuall preamps? Do you use a mac or windows?

I use Mac. The setup for Windows takes up several pages in the Presonus manual, and Mac takes up half of a page. The preamps in the Firepod are very clean and uncolored with balls to spare. They're perfect for all-purpose recording.

innobidova said:
The setup for Windows takes up several pages in the Presonus manual,....

I have the Firepod as well, and while the manual for Windows is longer than it is for the MAC, I believe it's due in part to the different instructions for the different versions of Windows.

innobidova said:
The preamps in the Firepod are very clean and uncolored....

I agree wholeheartedly, the preamps are very clean and sound very natural. I am having a great time recording my band with my Firepod. It's quick to set up and easy to use. I would highly recommend it.

Chuck

Back