firewire hubs

jkmakesmusic

hey guys,
i'm looking to get a firepod. the only problem is hooking it up to my macbook, i've only got one firewire port and it's already in use. any one know of a good firewire hub? does such a thing even exist?

You DO know that firewire devices were built to be daisy-chained??? (up to 63 on a chain)

I've been running my Motu828mkII and a Glyph firewire drive daisy-chained together for over a year with ZERO problems....

You DO know that firewire devices were built to be daisy-chained??? (up to 63 on a chain)

I've been running my Motu828mkII and a Glyph firewire drive daisy-chained together for over a year with ZERO problems....

i wasnt sure if it was supposed to work like that, hahaha! thanks for the input

i recently bought a firepod - make sure you have a 400 speed one instead of 800. even though 800's are supposed to be backwards compatable w/ a 400 the firepod doesnt work w/ it - it took my dumb-ass a week to figure this out!

i recently bought a firepod - make sure you have a 400 speed one instead of 800. even though 800's are supposed to be backwards compatable w/ a 400 the firepod doesnt work w/ it - it took my dumb-ass a week to figure this out!

Seriously? Even with an adapter? Ah. You're probably on Windows XP SP2. IIRC, that's the big bug that the FireWire hot fix corrected. SP2 as shipped didn't roll back the speed of FireWire 800 buses in the presence of FireWire 400 devices (or worse, in the presence of a FW800 bus driving a FW400 PHY, a configuration that can't even support the 800 Mbps speed).

Either that or the FIREPOD's PHY silicon or your FireWire card's PHY silicon is hopelessly broken. :D

Back