Firewire 400 to 800 cable...

Pengu1n

Anyone know a good one? On amazon, all of them either block the adjacent port, or all the reviews just talk about transferring data from an HD or something. Figured I'd ask here. It's for a PreSonus mobile I just bought from Zzounds. Although with the 30 day no questions asked warranty I'm considering just sending it back for a Tascam Us-800 since you can get those for 100 right now...

What's the question?

Are you having trouble finding a 400 to 800 Firewire cable....or are you asking which interface to use?

The cable ends will be the same size from cable to cable. Firewire 800 is a bit more "square-ish"...so if it's blocking the adjacent ports, then the layout on the interface is poor.

Haha. Started out as asking 400 to 800, but then reconsidering... I have the presonus, so might as well try it out. So yeah, only asking 400 to 800 for now. In case there are any specific reccomendations.

Pengu1n:

Are you sure the Tascam US 800 is Firewire 800 ready? I've searched online but can't find any solid info. I'm also looking for a Firewire 800 Interface. Where did you find info on this item. Any links?

HM

Back