Firestation help if you need it

blarg

This isn't a question as much as it is a statement. But I heard time and time again that the Presonus Firestation doesn't work on laptops, including from Presonus themselves. For about a month I could not get my laptop and the mLan to communicate, the computer would send signals, but would not recieve them. For the record just in case anybody else has this problem and can't figure it out, it's so simple it's startling. Just google an ASIO driver, particularly ASIO 2.0 for Yamaha. Worked instantly after that. So for all of those who said it couldn't be done, there you go. Maybe somebody should inform Presonus of the same thing.

Sorry to bring this back up, but by chance do you have a link to where you donwloaded the driver that you're using from? It didn't matter if you used a ASIO driver for a device that you don't actually have?

I just purchased a Firestation for my laptop setup but was unaware of this problem.

Clit Torres said:
All I have to say is, good luck.

Wow...that was helpful! :rolleyes: ;)

Postcount +1

That being said, I searched and didn't really find anything out there that stated any laptop issues. I knew it was a bit of an involving process to get the Firestation to work properly but I have no doubt that I can handle that...if all it takes to get it working properly with a laptop is installing a Third-party ASIO 2.0 driver then that's easy...

Thanks!

I wasn't trying to be a dick, it's just that many have had issues with the Firestation including myself. I wasted a frustrating three weeks of my life wrestling with one and it was not pleasant, fortunately I was able to bring it back for a full refund. If it is indeed as simple as downloading that ASIO 2 driver for you, that's great. I wasn't so lucky to know about this and I did research quite thoroughly.

So like I mentioned before, good luck.

Clit Torres said:
I wasn't trying to be a dick, it's just that many have had issues with the Firestation including myself. I wasted a frustrating three weeks of my life wrestling with one and it was not pleasant, fortunately I was able to bring it back for a full refund. If it is indeed as simple as downloading that ASIO 2 driver for you, that's great. I wasn't so lucky to know about this and I did research quite thoroughly.

So like I mentioned before, good luck.

No I didn't think you were being a d1ck, I thought your post was humorous; but this post is MUCH better.

Yeah, I did quite a bit of research, but obviously not enough...I'm doing more right now and oy!. I'm reading that if it works it's an awesome little unit, but it can be a major headache, especially if the firmware was updated. Presonus is/was even allowing people to trade it in towards a firepod.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some more information and work this out with the seller.

Back