firepod & outboard racks?

coolsoundman

I have the presonus firepod and i've read the manual about how to use it. the manual also talks about compressors and eq's that can be added to the first two channels. I want to know if there is a way to use an outboard rack with a DAW/PC? Or, where can I learn more about this subject at?

I replied to one of your other posts but if you want to add an outboard compressor which normally has eq built into it as well, you can run your xlr cable from your mic to the compressor, then use the out on the compressor whether it be xlr or 1/4" and go into your xlr or 1/4" in on your firepod, hope that helps.

What software are you using? The firepod has 8 outs and 8 ins, in my estimation, you could route 8 pieces of outboard gear at a time if you wanted.

genesisariana, i'm using sonar 6. i was just wondering if there is a way to use an outboard rack for efx sends for mixing. how would i set that up in sonar?

Dude, there is nothing in the DAW program that you are using that can talk to a standard outboard piece of gear, if that's what you are asking. It's a matter of routing with wires and setting inputs and outputs in the DAW.

Well, dude, that is what he is asking. In order to physically hook up a piece of outboard gear from one of the 10 outputs on the back of the firepod, he first has to assign one of those outs to a buss or an output in the daw.

Back