Firebox question (Recording dry vocals, but sending vocal verb to the headphone mix)

Cazzbar

Throbbing Member
Just wondering if this is possible with the Firebox without using an external mixer...

Can you send to an external effects box and return to the Firebox, recording only the dry vocal but hearing the vocal verb and backing tracks in the headphone mix?

Or does the Firebox have built in effects which can be used?

Or maybe you can send the dry vocal to a software plugin which can be routed back to the Firebox headphone mix?

I'm currently using an external mixer with its pres and an external effects box and just sending the dry vocal to the line level ins on my soundcard, but I've a laptop on order and thinking of ordering the Firebox, and therefore wanting to use the Firebox pres and not needing my mixer anymore for this task.

Cheers.

As a Firebox owner I've never tried to do what you're asking about, but there is a mixer applet that comes with the Firebox which includes an option to switch the headphone playback source from input 1/2, 3/4 and 'software'.

Also --- the headphone jack on my Firebox went bad and is now in need of repair after owning it for only 7 months. I don't claim that this is any kind of widespread manufacturing fault, but I don't have evidence that it isn't...

Back