Fire Studio Tube / presonus

BeTheOne

FS tube and Vista has become a complete nightmare. I highly recommend staying away from this configuration. 2 software companies, the PC manufacturer, and presonus, all have failed to get the FS tube to record audio without significant issues. Seeing how i just upgraded my firepods with the FS tube and the vacuum tube pre, all non pro tools productions are at a stand still. Im going to try XP pro but all things considered, this is a very unfortunate situation for presonus. Their affordable gear hasnt gotten any better. Layouts may be well placed but the internal workings are poor at best. The Vista drivers are poorly written. Too bad.

Send it back and buy something that works. :)

Thats the idea, however, im more than 10 days behind schedule at this point. We are reconfiguring some things, including a manual stopping of background processes.(Ctrl,Alt,Delete,task manager,processes) We are finding out that if you shut down everything not related to the DAW and its audio,(interface) the system will run. After the session, you must log out and back in to recover your PCs functions. Its a process but it will get me through getting caught up. I think its very unfortunate that an OS and an interface cant work together. Drivers dont mean much if they are not written properly and an OS (like Vista) should be more user friendly in terms of controlling assets that relate to speed.

Screw the Firestudio Tube. I mean, if you want the extra two preamps, fine, but Presonus isn't well regarded in their tube preamps. I have their standard Firestudio, which is absolutly awesome. Many have had compatibility issues, but I haven't.....great piece of equipment.

Hmm

Im not really sure how to help you, I'm using vista with my presonus firepod and have never had a problem I guess the drivers which were for xp somehow worked with vista.

Im not really sure how to help you, I'm using vista with my presonus firepod and have never had a problem I guess the drivers which were for xp somehow worked with vista.

That is correct, I use the XP drivers for my Firestudio 26/26 io in vista, no problems at all.

interesting...thanks for the input. I ran two firepods for two years, no problems. I was very pleased with the units. Ive managed to tweak Visa in to a recording only PC, turns out the processes was running at 36% idle. I tweaked it down to 6% but i have a very unstable OS as a result. The Mac Pro is in the mail...
Honestly, im ok with the FS tube. The studio channel isnt bad either. Im pushing 500 watts of power so the tubes actually do have a solid effect on the line ins. I wanted to try something different and go with this tube idea. Its not all bad. In terms of a direct comparison to the old firepods, i think its a step up, regardless of the issues...which turned out to be PC based. The FS tube has to last until i graduate from Berklee, then, no more middle of the road gear. Again, thanks.

Back