Fire Studio and Win7

getuhgrip

Bring Back Transfat!
So I get Win7 all set up only to find that the only driver package available is a beta version and does not include a control panel.

Am I missing something, or are we all still waiting for Presonus to finalize win7 support?

Win7 only just came out. Even though it's Vista2, it's still a v.1.0 product.

You can't expect EVERYTHING to be ready for it and you should have done your homework before buying.

In the future, it's a smart idea to NEVER adopt an operating system until it's been out at least a year and has the first bug patches out (I know that's difficult when you get a new computer, but you have to consider what just happened to you....)

Yes....I do expect everything to work perfectly! We put people on the moon and figured out how to make the perfect potato chip. :D

If one more person tells me 'you should have done your homework', I'm going to take a fully automatic paint ball rifle downtown and splatter innocent peole with Misty Umber paint! It aint gonna be pretty! :eek:

Okay, I researched Presonus's site before buying win7. They reported the release of the beta drivers. I'm finding out now that there is a cockamamie procedure that should clear up the issues. I'll give it a shot when I get home.

You kinda sounded like Rick Fitzpatrick there for a second, Tim! :D

Nope, tried that yesterday. Opens the control panel and freezes.

Presonus is saying I've got to hook it up to an XP machine, update the firmware, and reload the beta drivers. If it works...cool. I don't think my gaming computer has firewire, so I'll probly have to dump win7 on this one, reload XP, update firmware, reload win7..........

What a ride! :laughings:

Nope, tried that yesterday. Opens the control panel and freezes.

Presonus is saying I've got to hook it up to an XP machine, update the firmware, and reload the beta drivers. If it works...cool. I don't think my gaming computer has firewire, so I'll probly have to dump win7 on this one, reload XP, update firmware, reload win7..........

What a ride! :laughings:

Okay, how about...

[video=youtube;IV2p9414o3k&feature=related]video[/video]

Back