finster ... can u give advice???

thecugga

this is basically a post to finster, but anyone else who can help out too, feel free.
i will post a guitar track in the next day or two ... i recorded a marshall MG250DFX with only a sennheiser e609 silver and an spb1 thru a mackie1202 into a delta44.
ive been fu(%ing around for a while and this is for sure the sickest newschool punk/newschool metal sounding guitars i have ever gotten.
i have listened to a ton of the tunes you have produced and have gained a ton of respecet for you... and i really want you to just give me a little advice to help me out ... i respect your skills and would be honoured if you gave me some advice ... im trying to release my band's demo by jan. '06 and some helpful advice would be hugely appreciated

i believe these guitars need nothing ... no comps, eq, anything ... maybe something to clean up the deep palm-muted parts in the verse, but maybe not ... i am worried playing with them will take away from the fullness they already possess

please help me out

and any other comments will be greatly appreciated (even if you call me a douche for hyping this up too much .... but i love the hype)

two days max ... i'll post a link ... thanks in advance

Ok, ill keep an eye on this thread then.
Thanks for the kind words too, it always nice to read that kind of stuff.
Frankly i almost always use the same mics for guitars
Royer 421, U87, and a sm57, and maybe a 421.
always through a trident, and avalon, and a portico.
Plus i always split the signal off of a di box so i have a di track to use with amplitube to fatten it up even bigger etc....

Ill tell ya though if youre getting good results with one e609 silver
Then good for you man!~:)
Whatever works is the best ticket.

-Finster

Last edited:
Back