Finished product?

jjjtttggg

Ok, so I'm breaching forum etiquette by starting a new thread for a song I've already posted, but I'm just so proud of it I can't help myself. Thank you soooo much to those of you here who have helped with constructive feedback on this track. I've been messing around with home recording in some form or fashion off and on for a loooooong time and nothing I've done has sounded this good (not saying it's even all that great, but it's making me smile!!!)

For those who've followed the development in the other thread the last (and final since it's back to work tomorrow) changes are:
1.) Ray's motown punchy bass... Awesome!! Thanks Ray

2.) Adios to the shaker.

3.) Tweak to vocal EQ

Thanks to Chilli for he last two

4.) Adjusted reverb on he lead guitar.

And Thanks to Greg and several others for good feedback earlier on.

http://www.themusichutch.com/listen.php?songid=100654

Happy New Year!

J

It sounds good. I never heard your previous mixes. I guess I don't check in to this mp3 forum regularly enough.

At first, the sound of the kick drum took me by surprise. It's sort of like a modern-rock kick sound mixed with a 1960's snare sound. Or maybe the kick is slightly more in-your-face than the rest of the drum kit. I don't know. But, by the end of the song, it grew on me and I was OK with it. (I generally solo the drum kit and listen for balance. That is, I close my eyes and try to judge if any one piece stands out too much compared to the others. In other words, does it sound believable, like I am really standing in the room in front of the kit? But, you have it pretty close, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.)

Everything in the song is well balanced and clean enough. The B3 was a really nice touch. Maybe the vocals could benefit from a slight tweak from Melodyne.

Overall, I like it. A fine job.

Sounded good. I thought the bass could be pulled down a db or two.

I heard a pop at around :56. But that could be from the streaming. Heard another one or two later.

nice job...liked the bass and keys best...the guitar work was also very nice...vocals went slightly flat a couple of times but not enough to detract from anything and perfection sometimes ruins something like this

good job on the mix too

I'm no expert in technical terms, but it sounds bang on to me. I'd be proud too getting something that professional sounding and well rounded from a home recording setup.

Back