Finished mix for new album

LemonTree

Suck 'em and see!
Been working on a 12 track album for my own band for the past couple of months...a day here and there. Got guitars n vocals on this one tonight, it's the first of the 12 to be completed. Tired ears etc, etc will warent a new mix tomorrow. Just want to know if there's anything BAD sticking out that needs attention. Vocal EQ needs the most attention I think

From The Ashes

Really would apreciate some feedback here if you can spare the time. It's a dropbox link and should stream automaticly, 320Kb MP3

Hello, yeah, the vocals are dry to... i also didn't like the kick. I would boost around 50 - 100 hz to add some "booming" to it. The "2, 3, 4" part, the voice is very far... i'll put it at panned over 50 and a lot close... The rest sounds great... good job on that.

Cheers

Thanks Zero,

The kick has been the biggest of my problems. We're using a cheap Superlux PRA218A kick mic (and another on floor tom) It's not the best, just trying to work with the tools I have.

The "2, 3, 4" is bleed into the drum overheads and room mic from our drummer, I tried cutting it out all together bit it kinda killed the ambiemce and decided to leave it in.

The vocals I'll be getting to work on tonight. Today my ears tell me I'm not happy with the lead guitar solo. I think we might need to retrack that? Not sure.

I dig the guitar tone. Vocals sound kind of muffled although they're louder in the verses or too in your face (too much EQing, compression...?). Guitar solo is pretty buried. Performance is good, I think with some tweaking this could sound better.

Joey :)

I feel like the guitars are only half way done. You need some clean tone in there to define the part more. It might as well be a skill saw that sounds in tune. I really like the phasey guitar in the chorus, nice touch but still too much fuzz. Great song, like the parts and how it blends. I agree with the kick comment. I feel like when you fix the guits, you will be able to bring them up in the mix more and they will make the drums sit better. I will stop commenting now, because I just finished a mix last night and listened to it a bunch, then converted it and listened to it from the internet and the quality was so much worse. I wonder if we realize what we are asking for when we post songs here. Its like, "okay, I made this really great song, and I want you guys to hear it, but let me put it through the SUCK machine first and then you can have a listen." Mp3s f**king blow. Sorry about my rant. I really liked this song, vocals and melody and performance. Work on the guitar tone and the bass drums. Well done!!!

Previous comments notwithstanding, the guitar tones work for me! I could hear this on the radio and think it belongs there. The vox could be just a bit brighter--yeah, just a tad muffled.

And I agree with the comment about the guit solo-it's a bit buried.

Nice job man!

Back