finished demo

fazil

My band recorded this song with 10 others a few weeks ago, i'd love to here some comments from you guys but don't start picking on me if you don't like it :D i know some details are not really good and i didn't have the chance to do a good mastering job (with headphones :/) because i only have a pair of crappy hifi speakers.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1995/singles

tnx in advance

greetz

Last edited:
Well you didn't want to hear bad news but your here, so:

The drumming is a serious problem. Not only is the kick too loud but the timing is way off in places. The tempo change is especially awkward and should not have been attempted given the results. In addition, the vocal could have been more exciting, maybe because the key was too low. And the rhythm guitar (?) was off as well. Frankly, this is a mess made of a decent song. I'm telling you this because I think there are elements to the tune, and maybe the band, that have good potential. I think you guys can play, but you either had a bad day, or you are just playing over your head. You need to listen to yourselves critically or forget it.

chrisharris : can't you juts play the song w/o downloading ?

Ashulman : I know the kick sounds to loud on some sound systems, but it did not on my dads(on wich i checked the songs) so we allready had the cd copied a severall times after I heard it. And the reason that the drums are way off time is that I did the drum tracks :/ normally i only play the guitar but in this case our drummer wasn't available.
This has been recorded track by track on a click. I'm only 16 and i don't have that much rythmic feel like reel drummers should have.

Next time i'll record the whole band, or parts of the band at once so our rythmic preformance will be much better i thik. This is my first "seious" recording session and I think i've learned alot from it.
oh yeah i don't really understand what you meant with "rhythm guitar (?) was off as well" and "tempo change is especially awkward and should not have been attempted given the results" -> i think it souinds pretty cool

tnx for your comments

There is what sounds like a rhythm guitar playing muffled chords off time. I don't mind the idea of a tempo change, I just don't think you pulled it off. The band does not sound together.

chrisharris : can't you juts play the song w/o downloading ?

Yes, he could. So could I. But, speaking for myself, when I'm online is not always the best time for a critcal listen. I tend to download stuff in batches and then get around to the listening when it's convenient for me. Plus, I'm on dial-up, so I can only stream lo-fi at best. I'll make it a short rant: if you don't enable DL's you're going to get a few people like us who are just going to skip you by, especially considering the volume of stuff there is to try to get to.

Back