Finished demo for local band: "Miranda"

Chibi Nappa

After taking most of the summer off to mix live sound, I picked up a recording project towards the end of the summer. It felt good to get back in the studio. Anyway, the band is called Dead Loretta and this is the first final mix for their 3 song demo. We put a good amount of work into this one and I like it. Let me know what you think. The song's called "Miranda".

Get if from my website http://www.fluffypotato.com under the music section or just click here:

Recorded and mixed on a Roland 2480 at various places. Instruments in my Living room, Drums in the singer's basement, vocals in my kitchen.

Vocals used a Studio Projects C1 along with a really crappy Radioshack mic through a really crappy amp (amp miced with Behringer omni-directional mic).

Guitars used Shure 57, AKG C1000, Sennheiser e 609 Silver, Studio Projects C1 (accoustic)

Bass was DI

Harmonica was the Sennheiser e 609 Silver

Drums were Oktava MC012's on overhead, Sennheiser e 609 Silver on snare (ended up using it to trigger a snare sample from an Alesis DM 5, ditched the sound in the snare mic, used alot of the snare sound in overheads and room along with sample), SM57s on toms, Audix D6 on bass drum, and Studio Projects C1000 in room

Pre-amps were mostly the Great River MP-1NV. The 2480 internal preamps filled in the rest.

I monitored on Tannoy Reveal actives with a Tannoy subwoofer.

All effects and compression were Roland 2480 internal effects.

Last edited:
seems like the gits (excludeing acu) are fighting for the same sonic space in the mids. the harminica a little too.

maby just a touch more snare?

good song :)

The vocals could due to come up in the mix a tad...the snare could come up a little...the kick doesn't seem to be very up in the mix, but that might be what you were going for. And another person said it but it does seem as though the guitars are fighting for space at times.

Other than that, it's cool!

Back