finished album

enferno

recorded in my modest living room studio - www.myspace.com/srdigital

the band's page (full album on there, as well as a link to download it)- www.myspace.com/alotlikebirds

10 months, 15 musicians, a lot of support from friends, gingerale, and GTA IV made this production possible.

as an aspiring engineer, i'm curious to hear what others in the business might say about the sonic quality of the album.

thanks for listening!

the drums were all hand-programmed using superior drummer 2.0

the guitar was a tripple rec through a marshall cab using sm57 and a e609

bass was direct into ampeg svx

everything was mixed in the box

vox/violin/cello/horns etc. were all run through my art pro mpa II tube compressor with stock tubes

used a CAD gxl 1200 and 3000 on vox/strings, e609 on horns

over 130+ tracks on some of the songs!

Love the work..performance, arrangements and SOUND!!!!

No ear fatigue...big bottom push....the stuff really moves!!

Kudo's! You're 'there'.

Dang,

creatively mixed and produced. Like a joke band with integrity, loads of style references...sounds cheesy and very convincing. +

just listening to the Ted Bundy track, got to say iv never heard screaming like that over brass!!

very impressed with the guitar sound especially. you say the drums are programmed? they sound more realistic than i can manage and sit in the mix well (currently listening to "hallows...."). What FX etc are on the drums?

for the drums - superior drummer 2.0. i used the waves api 2500 compressor and the q10 for eq. i used a lot of the room mics to give it a bit more, well, room noise hoping to liven it up a bit. i can give you specific numbers for eq/compression if you'd like

the guitar was a tripple rec through a newer marshall cab, using a sm57 and a e609 into my art pro mpa ii tube amp, stock tubes. not a whole lot of eq on them, rolled off everything above 9k or so, and a high pass above 100 hz. midrange boost around 500, cut around 6k for the attack of the bass drum.

and thanks again for the kind words!

dude this shit is incredible. i am a death metal fan but something about this moved me in some strange way. really enjoying it.
musically its got so many nooks and crannies... the sound has a real quality to it.. very earthy.. non overproduced.
top notch man. im a fan

Back