Finding Bands to Record

xcrunner28

So I've kinda been stuck in a rut right now with finding bands to record. I've already exhausted recording all my friends who are in bands and my own music and I was wondering how other people find bands to record. I'm not even looking to make any money or start a business, I just want to record because of how much fun it is. If anyone has any tips they'd be greatly appreciated.

Try posting on Craigslist or placing flyers at locals guitar shops. I've done both for finding band members and it has worked out pretty good. Good Luck!

Is your set up mobile to do live recordings? If so go to where the bands are. And even if your not go there any ways to network.
Clubs,open mics,music stores,church......etc. You'll always find someone.

But if you have exhausted everyone you know.....where do you live?

:cool:

Is your set up mobile to do live recordings? If so go to where the bands are. And even if your not go there any ways to network.
Clubs,open mics,music stores,church......etc. You'll always find someone.

But if you have exhausted everyone you know.....where do you live?

Good advice.

So I've kinda been stuck in a rut right now with finding bands to record. I've already exhausted recording all my friends who are in bands and my own music and I was wondering how other people find bands to record. I'm not even looking to make any money or start a business, I just want to record because of how much fun it is. If anyone has any tips they'd be greatly appreciated.

If you are having trouble finding bands to record (especially for free), then you must be living in the middle of nowhere.

If you build it, they will come :D

Back