Finally They Arrived!!!!!!!!

Well you had more luck than me, I want to get a couple of bass pickups and emailed them asking the all up price for paypal and the buggers didn't even reply, business must be good.

aw... I've had my l500xl for over a week now, and my buddy just says "I will install it soon", over and over again.. Too bad I don't trust myself with the soldering iron.. *boooohooooo* :( :( :(

I expect a full report from you ELF.. :)

Meshuggah said:
aw... I've had my l500xl for over a week now, and my buddy just says "I will install it soon", over and over again.. Too bad I don't trust myself with the soldering iron.. *boooohooooo* :( :( :(

I expect a full report from you ELF.. :)

Yes Major Shuggah!!! ;)

Actually I started desoldering all the old wires and taking the pots out yesterday, today when I get home I'm gonna start the shielding and hook up.

Stay tuned...

OK guys, just installed them.......

They sound just as I expected, INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!
Truly the best pups I've ever heard, period.

Hooked them up with a 5 way.
pos 1. neck
pos 2. neck+bridge
pos 3. bridge
pos 4. neck+bride 50% out of phase
pos 5. neck w/20% less bass (0.0047 uF cap)

P-46 Bass pickup, the bass I have went thru a fire and I restored it, eventually bought it and decided that the original pu had been cooked, too much hum, so having heard so much about Bill Lawrence decided to put one in.
Clive

Clive Hugh said:
P-46 Bass pickup, the bass I have went thru a fire and I restored it, eventually bought it and decided that the original pu had been cooked, too much hum, so having heard so much about Bill Lawrence decided to put one in.
Clive

Great! Remeber to post when you install them and let us know how they sound.

Hey ELF - Any chance of getting some sound samples of the guitar with your new pups in it? I haven't ever heard the 500's, and am just curious. I've only heard great things about them. I know it isn't the best way to "audition" pickups, but it couldn't hurt. :D

KaBudokan said:
Hey ELF - Any chance of getting some sound samples of the guitar with your new pups in it? I haven't ever heard the 500's, and am just curious. I've only heard great things about them. I know it isn't the best way to "audition" pickups, but it couldn't hurt. :D

Ok KaBudokan, good idea.
I'll record some samples next week and post them.
I have to rewire our churches sound system this weekend.:rolleyes: (fun, fun)... so I'll be just a "little" tied up. ~pun intended~~:cool:

Back