Finally ready for another listen!

EZchair Pickin

I submited a first mix and got clobbered here. Well, I've remixed the song and had someone much more tallented than myself lay down the vocal tracks. Unfortunately, the vocals had to be added in over top of the song instead of actually being a part of the mix. This is an alt. contry song. Lets see if I get clobbered again!!!

I left when you left

Try listening to other peoples tracks. The mp3 clinic only works if people participate actively.

Thanks!

I have and do listen to other people's tracks....and most of them that I hear on this site are much further along than anything I can produce. I'm still trying to figure things out and get a process down, so I'm not sure what kind of things I can offer anyone else other than to say 'good job' or such.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

Fair enough. Just keep in mind that most people are simply looking for acknowledgement, just like you are .

As for the tune, I like it. The guitar on the left is a little piercing, maybe a lil more reverb. The song is a bit long, a more advanced arrangement might make it more interesting i.e. keys and more background vocals. You try some, you could do even more.

The song itself is nice, as is the melody.:)

Fair enough. Just keep in mind that most people are simply looking for acknowledgement, just like you are .

As for the tune, I like it. The guitar on the left is a little piercing, maybe a lil more reverb. The song is a bit long, a more advanced arrangement might make it more interesting i.e. keys and more background vocals. You try some, you could do even more.

The song itself is nice, as is the melody.:)
I'll have to ditto that....well as far as the guitar parts go.....sometimes you can have to much b-bender. otherwise, i like the song, just needs some tweaking and i think you have a winner.

This guy only has 11 posts to his name....how much do you want?

I think it came off wrong.:o I was trying to say more along the lines of "You will get more feedback if you are an active participant". Which he now is:cool::D

Thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate them!

The keyboard idea is a real jem. I may have to pick a cheapie up and start learning some chords. :)

I really enjoyed the song!
Maybe dont pan the guitars as hard to the sides as they are, buts that taste thing.
how did you achieve the pedal steel effect? (doenst sound like a pedal steel but I could be mistaken)
Overall, great performance and song!

This isn't really within my listening taste so take my comments for what they are worth. If this were my track, I would double the rhythm guitar on the right and pan it over to the left to balance things out. If you don't want to double, I would bring it back closer to the center. As it stands right now, the rhythm is a lot lower in comparison to the "lead" that is playing throughout most of the track. It definitely could be brought up. The programmed drums sound out of place to me but if it is all you got, I guess it is better than nothing. It sounds like your off to a good start. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

First off, let me say thanks for taking the time to listen! :)

The guitar licks are played with a b-bender which allows for some pedal steel like phrasings.

I appreciate the comments about the tracks being split. Actually, I originally had them closer to center and was told that the mix was too muddy and to seperate them. I guess maybe I went too far!

Also, this was my first time recording using an electronic drum kit. Not being much of a drummer, I should have chosen something in standard 4/4 time for my first attempt.

I appreciate all of the feedback and am taking notes! :)

First off, let me say thanks for taking the time to listen! :)

The guitar licks are played with a b-bender which allows for some pedal steel like phrasings.

I appreciate the comments about the tracks being split. Actually, I originally had them closer to center and was told that the mix was too muddy and to seperate them. I guess maybe I went too far!

Also, this was my first time recording using an electronic drum kit. Not being much of a drummer, I should have chosen something in standard 4/4 time for my first attempt.

I appreciate all of the feedback and am taking notes! :)

This sounds light years better than when you first put it up. Good work, indeed.
As far as your drums go, it sounds to me like you aren't sure when to hit what drum. This song is in 3/4 time. The high hat needs a swing feel, which you've got. What would really tighten up the song is if you put the bass drum on the "one," and the snare (or side stick, in this case) either on the two and three, or in this case I think the snare would sound best just on the "three."

Nice song! Good work fixing it up.

~Shawn

Back