Finally put something up

thats a good band. the bridge movement was hot. I have a friend I worked with for yrs that played a strat thru a Mesa with an EV 12. He got a sound very similar to the first 2 variations in the guitar solo. In the 3rd part it seemed like I could hear a pod or something turned on and blended. I like the tune and the singing as well.

Really cool tune man. I like the singer in this...he kinda sounds like the guy in Styx. Is this a live take? I heard people whistling and stuff at the end:D , if it is that was a pretty damn good take. I'll give this another go today, listening thru cans right now. Good tune man.

....reminds me of Phil Collins/ Genesis...good tune and good mix...I like the change from verse to chorus..a well constructed song. Vocals are perfect....well done. I'ed like the guitar solo turned up a little and .....also I hear some flange effect on the guitar that I don't care for....though nice chops.

Well Done,

Dara

Love the vocals, guitar, and the song.
I'd like to hear more pop out of the snare.
The toms may be panned a little too hard - it made me go "what was that?" at about 2:50. It was a floor tom hit in the right speaker.
The synths seem to drown everything out and could be brought down in my opinion. Sounds like there is some cool rythm guitar back there.
Nice lead playing. And the drummer knew just what to do during the leads to keep the progession moving.
Great tune. I'm holding on to this one.

I have a friend I worked with for yrs that played a strat thru a Mesa with an EV 12. He got a sound very similar to the first 2 variations in the guitar solo. In the 3rd part it seemed like I could hear a pod or something turned on and blended.

Thanks Toki. The guitar is a Flying V with EMG's into a TS-9, Mesa MKIII Simul, Ross flanger, MXR analog delay, Marshall 1960 Vintage cab.

No digital effects were used on the guitar.;)

Is this a live take? I heard people whistling and stuff at the end

All the instruments are live tracks. The vocals were re-recorded against my wishes. The originals sounded fine to me, perhaps even better performance-wise. Ah, singers.:rolleyes:

fprod south & mcmd:

Thanks too for the listen and critique. Unfortunately this has already been mastered so it is what it is. Can't change it now!:eek: Glad you liked it. Enjoy!

good tune, excellent vocals.. really natural and great sounding..

it reminded me of something but I cant think of it right now.. I just read that this is finished so I wont bother with nitpicks..

very listenable tune.. liked it a lot!

nice solo!

wow..

this is a great song.i agree it does remind me of something is it genesis?..maybe that keyboard ? The singer does a great job. Really the whole of all the instrumentation is really very good. The drums sound excellent. If i HAD to come up with something that isnt just complimentary ...i would say some of the lyrics were not as great as this song deserves..but thats minor. The chorus was fine it was some of the verses .

Anyway....great job

jamal

Very good Mr. Brane. EMG's are what's happening pick-up wise as far as I'm concerned.
A good tune and all the performances are tight and well done. Definitely something to be proud of. Nice guitar work....wish it had been a bit louder but the playing was very good.
I'm amazed at the quality of the stuff I'm hearing on the board lately. And this is just another example of how good some of the folks here are. Cool.

Sam:

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked it. I take that as a high compliment coming from you. I always dig your stuff.

Jamal:

The words were written in about 10 minutes off the top of my head. I'm definately no "writer". ;)
The keyboard is responsible for the title. The opening patch on the SY77 is called "Suitcase Rhodes". Kinda ties in with the subject matter as well. The ol' SY has since bitten the dust. It had a hard but productive life.:(

Lt. Bob:

The EMG's have got to be the best all-around pickups on the planet. It never ceases to amaze me how many different and good tones you can get out of 'em.
I mixed this quick & dirty off the ADAT through a Tascam mixer with a pair of Monitor 1's :rolleyes:
When I discovered how poorly it translated it was too late to fix. We were charged for mastering before duplication but I don't think they did much. Live & learn! :eek:

Survivor...

Hmmm... somehow, that word takes on a different meaning... what with reality TV... :rolleyes: ... but that's what it is. Eye of the Tiger... stripped down, or something. It's that element.

"The Burning Heart... just about to burst"... thought for sure you'd bust out that line in the second verse :)

It's good to finally hear something from you. Good soloing; very good performance. Too bad this thing's in the bag, cuz you could probably really kick it up a few notches with the master tracks in your mitts.

Plunky synth... 3:08... very cool... Heard some "Wooooooo!" and claps... you did this live? Impressive. Not many bands sound that tight playing live (not many "local" bands, anyway)...

Now... how bout some new stuff... dazzle us with your HR.com related improvements? :D

Chad

Survivor...

Hmmm... somehow, that word takes on a different meaning... what with reality TV...
... but that's what it is. Eye of the Tiger... stripped down, or something. It's that element.

Wow, Chad. I never thought of that angle. Must be that lead singer. He's good but just not suited to the kind of stuff we're doing now. (heavier)

You always wish you could go back and change things, but sometimes you just have to live with it. ;)

I'll have some new stuff up as soon as the writer approves it's release. That's part of why I put this up. It was already released.

Unfortunately all I got out of this project was an amp and a box of expensive coasters!:eek:

coo stuff!!!!!!

it's so cool to hear some old stuff!!!!!!! i'm getting the survivor vibe too, but with a hair band "edge":D nice git playin man!!!!!!

thank's man

peace

rick

Cool Stuff!!

Sounds good. Sort of reminds me of the later Rainbow stuff, You know "street of dreams" era. It does also have that styxs quality too.

Keep rocken

F.S.

fenderlikingood:

Thanks! Actually I still had my long hair when that was recorded. I've since gone to a low-maintenence hairstyle. :D

Freudian Slip:

Thanks! Glad you liked it.:)

Back