Finally finished an album...comments please!

shackrock

Many of you may remember me around these forums years ago posting up rap/hip hop mixes. Well I've moved on, and just finished up an 8 track album. It's downloadable for free, here's a direct link to the DL page:

http://www.thesoundaswordmakes.com/download.shtml

I'll take comments on the recordings/mixing/arrangements/songwriting/anything you got for me... feel free to write it to me on that website, or reply here. Thanks all!

If you like it, share it with your friends!

Is there anywhere we can stream it? I'm not too fond of downloading entire albums not knowing beforehand what style it even is.

sorry, it's just a zip of mp3s is the only option. doesn't everyone have broadband now-a-days? haha.

I'd like to call teh styles on the album along the lines of:
emo, folk, indie, electronic, pop. mix those all together, and that's what you'd get.

haha. Well, if it helps any it's probably the furthest from emo as the rest of them. I just throw that in there i guess. I really have no idea what genre. Singer Songwriter? haha.

Heya. Just listened to the album while working on stuff here, so i can't honestly say that i listened to the whole album critically and focused solely on it.

However, i do have to say that you should be proud of the work accomplished. I like a lot of things about it, the songs were good, mixes sound good. Overall sound/ambience was varied throughout, yet kept a steady kind of vibe for the whole album.

One think i didn't like so much (and of course it's just my personal preference) is i found you used the 'autotune' effect way too much. I think it would possible have been more effective if not used as often, or not used ....umm.. as 'pronouned' (if that makes sense).

Yeah I use melodyne to make sure all my vocal tracks are hitting the notes I intended to hit. The trouble is, without any autotune, I'm just not a good enough singer! haha.

I did get frustrated when the autotune effect was noticable, which happens a few places in the songs. Next time I'd like to just have more time to work on it all and resing things over and over until it's perfect!

Thanks!

Back