Finally Converted to Mac after 15 years of Windows! TI Chipset?

Disease8

I have been an MS-Dos and Windows fanatic for my whole life and finally after carefully buying a second laptop to use as a daw I was let down! I put some real research into it and got the HP NC8430 which worked perfectly for about a week. It has the Texas Instruments Chipset and ran very well with DPC Latency checker.
Finally I brought it down to my friends flat where we have a little studio and it totally let me down, there seems to be something wrong with the Motu drivers! I work in IT and seriously I HAVE trouble shot it to death I am stumped.
After so much stress and buying two laptops for audio (previous one was a Lenovo T60 with similar problems) I just gave up, all I want to do is make music its too risky with Windows!

I got this:
Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Laptop - A1226 200gb hdd, 4gb ram | eBay

One thing I am wary of is I heard that the Apple stopped putting the TI chipset on the firewire on their macbooks?
Will this be a problem with the model I have got?
Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Laptop - A1226 200gb hdd, 4gb ram; Release Year: 2007.

Anyway I hope my problems will be over! :-)

D.

i had a 2007 macbook white and currently have a new 13inch macbook pro (i broke the screen on the white :facepalm:), and can safely say i've never had any problems with firewire interfaces on either. back in 2008 i had three or four students with the same macbook pro model you've got and they never had any problems running their own rigs and the motu 8 pre and maudio audiophile FW's we had at college.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

YAY!!! :-)
I CANNOT WAIT TO JUST SIT DOWN AND MAKE SOME MUSIC WITHOUT TROUBLE SHOOTING FOR 2 HOURS!!!
Thanks guys! :-)
(so happy)

Back