Finally back after a dry spell (Weird Gumby bg music sample + flip) [4 beats in 1]

b0mbdrop

School finals + holidays + a bunch of other bullshit been keeping me away from music

Trying to work my way back in with some creative exploration; so I found this weird little gumby sample and to get the juices flowing I decided to flip it into 4 different beats and try to merge them all into one hip-hop movement instrumental

Sample:

Flip:

The beat changes about every 45 seconds into a whole new flip of the sample so jump around

The flip is pretty strange in itself -- on top of that, I set it to some really trippy claymation video. People didn't really take to it....Oh well.
My only regret is the bass is super deep so it's kinda only present if you've got a nice sub or a solid pair of headphones

Let me know what you guys think of this -- I'm interested to hear (good or bad) cause I know this shit is odd, but I'm honestly pretty happy on how it came out

Well I checked out the music. It sounds pretty good to me, actually. But what's up with the cartoon? Its kind of disturbing to me.. but other than that, great job!

Cheers,
Darren.

Well I checked out the music. It sounds pretty good to me, actually. But what's up with the cartoon? Its kind of disturbing to me.. but other than that, great job!

Cheers,
Darren.

Prop'd!

Yeah, I've been collecting really strange videos to start editing to my beats just to make them stand out and add to the strangeness (although some of them kinda scare people off haha) but it's just to give it that extra weirdness. Plus, since it's a gumby sample, I figured the claymation was an interesting parallel

It's a cool beat dude. Great work making 4 beats out of that sample. I think the video suited the beat well. You got your own thing goin on with these weird, trippy videos to your beats.

If I can give some constructive feedback, I think you could work on your drum programming a little bit; maybe playing around with velocity so that not all the drum hits have the same volume, adding more flow and feeling to the groove. Otherwise, nice man. Keep it up!

Back