Fill in the gaps

Aren

Many commercial CDs "fill in the gaps" between songs with these "intro" bits. I'm not sure I'm explaining it correctly, but I mean these 2 or three seconds of gap inserted between the songs during the burning process, that appear as -1, -2 on your CD players.
Any idea how to do that?

Oren

I'm not sure what you meant.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. The gaps between songs? If you mean the space between each song, then that's done in the Mastering stage or can be done in the CD burning software too. If this is not the answer you were looking for then please try to explain in more detail.

sonicpaint

Aren said:
Many commercial CDs "fill in the gaps" between songs with these "intro" bits. I'm not sure I'm explaining it correctly, but I mean these 2 or three seconds of gap inserted between the songs during the burning process, that appear as -1, -2 on your CD players.
Any idea how to do that?

Oren

It's in the burning program. When I used EZ CD Creator (many years ago), all Track at once burns had the countdown (and the annoying pop from the laser turning on and off). Now I use CDR Win which lets do that and lots of other stuff as well. www.goldenhawk.com has an evaluation copy you can download. I'm sure there are many other programs as well, but this is the one I'm most familiar with.

Bill L

I know how to add space between songs in the burning program (I use Nero). What I want to know, is how to put another WAV file (I guess) that would play in this "space".
Am I making any sense at all? :D

Oren

Aren said:
I know how to add space between songs in the burning program (I use Nero). What I want to know, is how to put another WAV file (I guess) that would play in this "space".
Am I making any sense at all? :D

Oren

I wanted to do that too.

The kind where it only plays if you listen to the song before it.......know what I am talking about? Some bands have some tight jams in that space. Was it Stoned Templed Pilots that had a kickass jam on Tiny Music? Can't remember, but it seems to me it was them.....

Outlaws said:
I wanted to do that too.

The kind where it only plays if you listen to the song before it.......know what I am talking about? Some bands have some tight jams in that space. Was it Stoned Templed Pilots that had a kickass jam on Tiny Music? Can't remember, but it seems to me it was them.....

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!!! :D

Outlaws said:
I wanted to do that too.

they're called the stone temple pilots (though they did appear stoned when i saw them) and the best program for burning cd's is Samplitude http://www.samplitude.com/

Do you mean using cross-fading?

Are you trying to blend something together between songs? If that's what you want to do you can use cross-fading to do that.

I guess it would be nice to have an example.

sonicpaint

Back