file not opening...please help

cracklin'

I have a pro tools file which was originally recorded and saved as a version 7.0 file, then mixed w/ version 8.0 (on another computer) but now comes up as a 7.0 file and won't open on my system which is also version 7.0. This is what comes up when I try to open the file:

"Could not complete your request because it was determined the session version is too new while translating Document Info."

Is there anyway I can get this file to open without having to buy version 8.0 (which I can't really afford). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks...:confused:

In case you don't get a response...

Shoot the digidesign guys an email. They got back to me within two days when I had an ilok issue, and they were really helpful and follow up. Also, if you have registered recently the phone service is still free. If not then the email is free. good luck.

In the mean time, try this:

create a new session, and select "import session data" (or click alt+shit+I), and see if you can import the tracks that way?

great. thanks. I imported all the tracks and had to edit all over again. ahhh! but it was worth it in the end.

you did "import audio", not "import session data".

with the Import session data function, it would have imported the tracks from the session as is, edits and all ;)

Back