Festive Tune From The Nells

Neeps

It's that time of year again... and The Nells have been in the studio recording over the holiday period...

Okay so we may have spilled some mulled wine over the microphones and the vocal takes have suffered because of mouths being stuffed full of mince pies but we have managed to pull together a song of sorts...

Listen to our festive song. It's the second song on the page... the one with the candle... if you use mozilla firefox you will need to press the stop button for the first song because at the moment both songs on the page play automatically...

Questions?

Is there any plugin that can allow me to dial in a christmas sound?
How do you remove the sound of christmas belches from the mix?
What can you do when one the band members refuses to sing in the same language as the other band members? Do babbelfish do a VST plugin for language translation?

Seriously... how's the mix sounding? We've started to use double mattresses as makeshift gobos and I think we are getting better results.

Happy New Year Everyone and thanks for listening!

Al

I like it, a lot. Mix wise, whatever that is in the left channel from the beginning of the song (a keyboard I think?) sounds a little stuffy, kinda muffled. A bit more highend would bring it out some, if possible.

It sounds really good though. I like both songs. Are those all real instruments? The strings and everything?

I don't like the silent night part at the end as much.

edit: not to say it sounds like fake instruments, I just think its cool that you three can play such diverse instruments so well.

Hey John

Glad you liked the tunes...

Everything is real on Hey Not A Day... we had a little help from Ethan Winer on the cello... on this latest tune the piano and the cello are fake.

The silent night thing was just trying to get a bit festive... the songs was really just recorded for fun.

Thanks for the listen.

Unnacceptable. The page doesn't work. I demand a direct link to download. PM me if you have to. ( I am drunk and high, so please factor in my additional assertiveness. Thank you.)

Back