Fender Hot Rod Deville VS Peavey Classic 30

Sloan

I'm going to be doing a lot of gigging with a classic rock band soon and need to get a decent amp.

I've been looking at the Hot Rod Deville and the Classic 30 as possible choices.
I've played a Deville and the only thing I'm really worried about is how loud the damn thing is. I haven't been able to really see what it sounds like cranked.

I've heard a lot of people say the Classic 30 is an awesome amp, but I haven't had the chance to play on yet.

So if anyone here has played both, how would you compare the both of them?

I used the older Blues DeVille 4x10 on the road for about 2 years. When you crank that amp it is an awesome sound. But it really is really loud. Way louder than a Marshall 50 watt head. And it projects really far. But it sounded great at high levels.

Never played the Peavey. I don't mess with their stuff.

H2H

i have both ...

well i have the 410 deville and a classic 50 close enough ...i'm sure you're aware of the tube differences 6l6 in fender and el84's in peavey ...h2h is right the fender does project far and it is way loud i don't think its ever been past 4 ...i think you get better drive out of the peavey drive as far as heavy crunch, but i dig the overdrive of the fender, it's a more full round tone ...i'm waiting on a retube kit of JJ's so the drive of the fender will get better

i play the fender mostly becuase my band does a 60/40 split with clean being 60 if i played more crunch i would probably use my peavey ...hope i didn't muddy the waters more :p

They are pretty different amps tonewise, both very good in their own right and good deals on an amp. I prefer the classic 30 for it's more "british" tone, but that's just me. That being said, I find it best not to worry what the reputation or personal opinion of others. I've spent way too much money going that way. Play both and see which one sits best with you.

Back