Fender Hot Rod Deville 212

I would assume it would change the config of the speakers? i.e. As when daisey chaining (2 )8 ohm speaker you then have 4 ohms. I think I'm correct on this. Someone check me. :)

The hot rod Deville 212 has two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel, yielding a 4 ohm load which is what the amp is set for. There is no switch to change this. There is , however, an external speaker jack right next to the main speaker jack. These two jacks are also wired in parallel. You need to run a 4 ohm load from the main speaker jack. If you want to run a different speaker cabinet than the speakers that are in the existing chassis, then it needs to be a 4 ohm cabinet. If you want to run two cabinets, then they both need to be 4 ohm cabinets (NOT daisey chained from one cab to the other) The 2nd cab needs to be plugged into the external speaker jack.

Now, remember that the two jacks are in parallel so running two 4 ohm loads will now give you 2 ohms. That is ok with the DeVille because when the external speaker jack is in use, there is a tap inside it that will switch the amplifier impedence to 2 ohms.

Always run a total of 4 or 2 ohms with the DeVille.

So the Deville 212 runs at a 4 ohm load with no cab. It runs two 4 ohm cabs when external speaker jack is used with a cab. ? :confused:

here's a shot-craft ;), which may clarify what cobradenim was saying.
(also, as a credit, thanks to Justin W. Holton , where you can find schematics and other helpful info on Fender Delux/DeVille)

/respects

Attachments

• deville_212_speaker_wiring.gif
    deville_212_speaker_wiring.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 144
Back